In Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet‘s DLC, The Teal Mask, players will explore a new (smaller) land that is based on rural Japan. For this first part of the expansion, players will be introduced to the new legendary Pokemon, Ogerpon. Because the Grass-type Mask Pokemon is so sought after, players are wondering when the Pokemon can be caught in the story; luckily, we have the answer.
How to Catch Ogerpon in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Essentially, players will just need to keep following the main story of The Teal Mask DLC, going wherever the game instructs them to go. Eventually, there will be a point when players must head back to the Dreaded Den towards the end of the narrative. Here, they will have to battle against Kieran and then battle against Ogerpon.
Ogerpon will switch to three other forms in the battle using their special type-changing masks. Once all four versions of Ogerpon are defeated, trainers will finally get the opportunity to toss a Poke Ball at Ogerpon. It’ll go into the player’s party if they have a free slot; otherwise, it’ll go straight to the Pokemon Boxes.
How to Change Ogerpon’s Form With Masks in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
- Once Ogerpon is in the party, select it and choose ‘Change held item.’
- Go to the ‘Other Items‘ tab to find the three other masks. Ogerpon will have the Teal Mask by default.
- The Cornerstone Mask turns Ogerpon into a Grass/Rock type with the Sturdy ability. Sturdy makes it so that a Pokemon can’t faint from a hit when its health is full.
- The Hearthflame Mask turns Ogerpon into a Grass/Fire type. The Pokemon will know the ability Mold Breaker, which makes it so that the player’s moves are not affected by the foe’s abilities during battle.
- The Wellspring Mask gives Ogerpon Water/Fire typing and the Water Absorb ability. When attacked by Water moves, it heals up to 1/4 of the Pokemon’s HP.
While Ogerpon is Terastallized, it’ll have the Embody Aspect ability, with each mask affecting the outcome:
- Teal Mask – Speed stat is boosted
- Wellspring Mask – Sp. Def stat is boosted.
- Hearthflame Mask – Attack stat is boosted.
- Cornerstone Mask – Defense stat is boosted
Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet are available on the Nintendo Switch.