As players explore the vast lands of Arrakis in Dune: Spice Wars, they can partake in many engaging activities. Those acquainted with the 4X game would know that building is one of the most important mechanics in the game. From refineries to military bases, players can construct a variety of buildings in the game.
To construct these buildings, players require Plascrete. As important as it is, acquiring this material can be challenging for many players as it is one of the rarest materials in the game. Read on to learn how to get Plascrete in Dune: Spice Wars.
How to Obtain Plascrete in Dune: Spice Wars
The preferred construction material in Dune: Spice Wars is Plascrete, a material that combines plastic’s flexibility with concrete’s durability. This rare material can only be manufactured in Plascrete Factories. To build this factory, players can follow these simple steps:
- After entering a game, select an occupied village.
- This will open the build menu in the bottom left corner of the screen. Here, players will find the ‘buildings’ tab next to the ‘Militia’ tab.
- Click the ‘+’ icon in the ‘buildings’ tab to view all building options. Players will find three types of buildings here:
- Economy (Plascrete Factory, Wholesale Market, Dew Collector)
- Military (Recruitment Office, Fuel Cell Battery, Missile Battery)
- Statecraft (Data Center, Research Hub, Crafts Workshop).
- Under the Economy tab, find Plascrete Factory and place it by dragging it near the village.
It is important to point out that players will only be able to build a Plascrete Factory in a village that is under their control. To take over a village, they can command their troops to attack by right-clicking the village. Villages in Dune: Spice Wars are protected by local militia, and players must defeat them in order to take over the village. Once done, they can construct any building in the region, including the Plascrete Factory.
While technically any village can accommodate a Plascrete Factory, it would be best to place it in a village with mineral deposits. This will enhance the production output of these factories by a whopping 50%.
Before constructing new buildings, keep in mind that every building in Dune: Spice Wars has an upkeep cost. Since Plascrete can only be produced in factories, players should consider building its industries in multiple villages. In addition to building factories, players can occasionally get some Plascrete by completing missions.
Dune: Spice Wars is currently available on PC.