The Sims 4 is a popular social simulation title in which gamers can create and control virtual people called Sims in a simulated world. As the game unfolds, players help Sims advance in their careers, make them fall in love, prepare meals, and engage in various other activities.
In addition to that, players can also create their families to add more depth to the game and make it more challenging. Sims can have a variety of family relationships and can be related as parents, siblings, or even roommates. What’s more? Players can also customize the family relationships however they want. However, beginners may find themselves at a loss when editing family relationships, as the process is a bit complicated. Read on to learn how to edit family relationships in The Sims 4.
How to Edit Family Relationships in The Sims 4
Family relationships can be customized using cheat codes in The Sims 4. To do so, Simmers can follow these simple steps:
- First, players will need to open the cheat box by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C on PC and Command+Shift+C on Mac. PlayStation and Xbox, on the other hand, require players to press bumper keys.
- Enter ‘testingcheats true’ and press ‘Enter’ to enable cheats
- Once cheats are enabled, type ‘cas.fulleditmode’ in the cheat box and hit ‘Enter’
- Hold ‘Shift’ and select a Sim by left-clicking to customize their household relationship
- Next, choose ‘Modify in CAS’ found above the ‘Kill’ option
- Here, Simmers will see the ‘Edit Relationships’ icon in the second row
- A drop-down menu will appear that will allow players to change the household relationships
How to Edit Family Relationships Without Using Cheats in The Sims 4
When players create a new Sim in The Sims 4, they have the option to establish relationships with other Sims in the household. Some relationship options include children, parents, spouses, grandparents, grandchildren, and cousins. For this purpose, players will need to click ‘Household Relationships’ in the Sim’s customization menu. From there, they will be able to choose their desired relationship.
It is pertinent to mention that the available relationship options for a new Sim depend on their age and gender. For example, players can’t set a toddler Sim as a parent of an adult Sim. Once they have created a Sim, they won’t be able to change the family relationships without using a cheat code. Furthermore, cheat codes can be used to strengthen and weaken the friendship or romantic relationship between Sims.
The Sims 4 is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.