- World of Warcraft players have a limited time to get a new pirate-themed cosmetic for their Dragonriding drakes during the Pirates’ Day event.
- The Pirates’ Day event in World of Warcraft offers players the chance to become an honorary member of Dread Captain DeMaza’s crew and acquire special buffs, toys, and consumable items.
- In addition to the new dragonriding customization, there are other rewards available during the event, including a parrot summoning feather, a big bag of booty, a Jolly Rodger toy, an emergency pirate outfit, and a slightly-chewed insult book.
World of Warcraft players can pick up a new pirate-themed cosmetic for their Dragonriding drakes, but only if they act fast. This new World of Warcraft item is only available until the end of the Pirates’ Day event, which lasts for a single day.
Pirates’ Day is a day-long micro event in World of Warcraft that falls each year on September 19–the same day as the real-life parodic holiday, International Talk Like a Pirate Day. During the event, players can find Dread Captain DeMaza, Scourge of the South Seas, and become an honorary member of her crew with a special cosmetic buff, toys, and consumable items.
However, World of Warcraft added a new item to DeMaza’s inventory this year. The Pirates’ Day Armor cosmetic is a special Dragonriding customization manuscript WoW players can get for their Highland Drakes. This stylish brown barding is trimmed with gold and allows one’s mount to dress like a pirate by carrying a huge stash of loot. Fans interested in this customization can buy it for 50,000 gold, but only until the daily reset early morning on September 20.
Old rewards from previous runs of Pirates’ Day are still available for World of Warcraft players to collect as well:
- A consumable feather that summons Petey the parrot to ride on one’s shoulder for an hour at 10 gold each.
- The Big Bag of Booty consumable for 300 gold that throws out piles of gold that can be picked up again.
- The Jolly Rodger toy, available only if players betray Booty Bay and earn the Avast Ye, Admiral! achievement by befriending the Bloodsail Buccaneers.
- The Emergency Pirate Outfit consumable, rewarded for completing the You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat Pirates’ Day quest.
- The Slightly-Chewed Insult Book toy, looted from the rare spawn Ol’ Eary during the event.
World of Warcraft players looking to complete their Trading Post Traveler’s Log tasks for September can also make a good amount of progress during this mini-holiday. Simply joining DeMaza’s crew and completing the You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat quest completes two tasks, and players can finish a third one by defeating Harlan Sweete in Freehold with Petey on their shoulder. Each of these tasks awards 80 points on the Adventurer’s Log, for a total of 240–nearly a quarter of the 1000 points they need to earn their reward for the month. World of Warcraft players should be sure to sail down to Booty Bay to join the festivities for the short time they are available.
World of Warcraft is available now for PC.