- The Fall Guy, starring Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt, has pushed its release date to May 3, 2024, which might increase its chances of success.
- The movie features an impressive cast and its trailer has already generated excitement for its action-packed and heartfelt storyline.
- The new release date places The Fall Guy in a favorable position with no major blockbuster competition for three weeks, giving it a better chance to connect with audiences.
Upcoming Ryan Gosling action film The Fall Guy pushes out its release date, and its new time may set it up for greater success. Directed by David Leitch and co-starring Emily Blunt, the movie sees Gosling play a stuntman who is roped back into the industry from leave when a star from a high-budget film disappears. The Fall Guy was originally announced for release on March 1, 2024.
As per Variety, The Fall Guy release date has now been pushed by Universal. Instead of releasing in March, it will now release on May 3, 2024. This release slot was previously occupied by Deadpool 3, which recently got pushed in reaction to the SAG-AFTRA strike.
The Fall Guy Could Be a Huge Success (And The New Release Date Might Help)
In addition to Gosling and Blunt, The Fall Guy features a star-studded cast of Hannah Waddingham, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Stephanie Hsu, and Winston Duke. It has already excited prospective viewers with the release of its exciting trailer earlier this month. The Fall Guy trailer promised a film that is both action-packed and heartfelt, exploring the relationship between ex-lovers Colt Seavers (Gosling) and Jody Moreno (Blunt) amid fast-paced stunt sequences.
Shifting to fill the gap left by the Marvel movie leaves it with no real blockbuster competition for three weeks, with May 24 currently expected to see both Furiosa and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes.
Between Barbie and last year’s The Gray Man, Gosling is further establishing himself as an A-list star who can balance intense action with charisma, and his next project would always have garnered interest. With the early hype generated by the first-look footage, The Fall Guy‘s box office chances were already looking good. Now, however, this release date push puts it in an even better position for success.
As the start of the summer box office season, May is historically a good month for action films, which is why Deadpool 3 was initially slotted there. Shifting to fill the gap left by the Marvel movie leaves it with no real blockbuster competition for three weeks, with May 24 currently expected to see both Furiosa and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. More schedule-shuffling is always possible, but as it stands, The Fall Guy has a much better chance to connect with audiences thanks to its new release strategy.
- Release Date:
- David Leitch
- Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Stephanie Hsu, Winston Duke, Hannah Waddingham, Teresa Palmer
- Action, Drama, Thriller
- Drew Pearce
- Universal Pictures, Entertainment 360, 87North Productions
- Universal Pictures