This article covers a developing story. Continue to check back with us as we will be adding more information as it becomes available.
- Beetlejuice 2 has resumed filming after being halted due to the SAG-AFTRA strike, with Tim Burton returning as director and Jenna Ortega joining the cast.
- Homes in Melrose, Massachusetts are dressed up in Halloween decorations for the sequel, indicating that filming has restarted.
- The Massachusetts Film Office has not confirmed the reports, leaving fans excited for the movie’s completion.
After nearly completing filming prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike, Beetlejuice 2 has reportedly resumed filming. The movie sees the return of Tim Burton in the director’s chair with Wednesday co-creators Miles Millar and Alfred Gough penning the script, and the Netflix show’s star Jenna Ortega also joining returning stars Michael Keaton in the eponymous role, Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz and Catherine O’Hara as Delia Deetz.
Just over four months after the movie halted its initial production, CBS Boston is reporting that Beetlejuice 2 has resumed filming.
The video, as seen above, shows a group of homes in Melrose, Massachusetts dressed up in Halloween decorations, with local residents telling the publication that it is for Burton’s sequel in the hopes of wrapping filming. The Massachusetts Film Office wouldn’t confirm to CBS Boston whether these reports were true.
Source: CBS Boston
- Release Date:
- Tim Burton
- Michael Keaton, Jenna Ortega, Winona Ryder, Monica Bellucci, Willem Dafoe, Justin Theroux, Catherine O’Hara
- Not Yet Rated
- Comedy, Supernatural
- Mike Vukadinovich
- KatzSmith Productions, Tim Burton Productions, Warner Bros. Pictures, Plan B Entertainment
- Warner Bros. Pictures