- Iain Armitage pays tribute to Annie Potts as they begin filming the final season of Young Sheldon, acknowledging the cancellation of the popular comedy series.
- Armitage highlights the special bond between Sheldon and Meemaw that has been overlooked in recent seasons, urging the show to revisit this dynamic.
- The final season of Young Sheldon should also provide a satisfying send-off for Meemaw and tie up loose ends in her storyline.
Iain Armitage pays tribute to his on-screen Meemaw, Annie Potts, as they begin work on the final season of Young Sheldon. CBS’ number 1 comedy is wrapping up in May after seven seasons. The cancellation was shocking, considering how popular the family series is. However, The Big Bang Theory canon essentially forces the series to end its run as Sheldon moves out of Texas and to California.
In light of this, Armitage took to his official Instagram account to post a heartfelt message for Potts as they reunite on the set as Sheldon and Meemaw for Young Sheldon season 7. Check out his full post below:
Prior to this, Armitage had already broken his silence over the announcement that Young Sheldon would end with season 7. He was the first person from the core cast to speak up about it.
Young Sheldon Season 7 Needs To Fix Its Sheldon & Meemaw Problem
Like the rest of the Coopers except for George, Meemaw made an appearance on The Big Bang Theory to visit her Moonpie. Despite only making the trip once, missing Sheldon and Amy’s wedding, and even his Nobel Prize ceremony, the socially-inept genius’ story makes it clear that they have a special bond. The earlier seasons of Young Sheldon leaned on this dynamic, with multiple plots that bring them together. Unfortunately, CBS seems to have forgotten about this in more recent years.
Instead, Meemaw has been mostly busy helping Missy and Georgie. She has provided the guidance that Missy needed while Mary was busy either dealing with her church or Sheldon. Meanwhile, Meemaw has gotten much closer to Georgie after he and Mandy got pregnant. Having had the same experience with Mary and George, Meemaw was very generous to the couple as they figured out their way forward. Given this, Young Sheldon needs to revisit Meemaw’s special bond with Sheldon before the family comedy officially ends with season 7.
Aside from her ties to the Coopers, the final year of The Big Bang Theory prequel also needs to give Meemaw her own satisfying send-off. During the Young Sheldon season 6 finale, she lost her house to the catastrophic Medford tornado, resulting in him moving in with his on-and-off boyfriend, Dale. At the very least, Young Sheldon season 7 must give the pair a definitive ending instead of leaving their story hanging.
Source: Iain Armitage/Instagram
- Release Date:
- Jim Parsons, Iain Armitage, Annie Potts, Emily Osment
- A spinoff of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon follows the youth and coming-of-age of Sheldon Cooper during his childhood in Texas as he pursues science and academia. The show also follows his parents, siblings, and Mee-Maw, painting a picture of the world where Sheldon grew up.
- Story By:
- chuck lorre
- Chuck Lorre
- Streaming Service(s):
- Jon Favreau