- Xbox Game Pass will add four new games on December 5, including a day one release, giving subscribers plenty of new content to enjoy.
- The upcoming games include Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, Rise of the Tomb Raider, While the Iron’s Hot, and World War Z: Aftermath.
- Xbox Game Pass subscribers should also tune in to The Game Awards on December 7, as Xbox has teased big announcements that could be tied to Game Pass.
Tuesday, December 5 is going to be an especially big day for Xbox Game Pass, as a whopping four games are set to join the lineup that day, including a brand-new, day one release. New Xbox Game Pass additions are spread out throughout each month. Xbox Game Pass subscribers can usually expect multiple updates each week, though it’s usually only one or two games being added at any given time.
There are times when Xbox Game Pass adds more games than usual, and those days are typically cause for celebration. Those days are rare occurrences, but when they come around, they ensure that Xbox Game Pass subscribers have plenty of new content to check out.
The latest update to the Xbox Game Pass subscription service gives subscribers two games to check out, including a day one release.
This coming Tuesday, December 5 is the next supersized day for Xbox Game Pass. On that day, Xbox Game Pass subscribers will be able to check out Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, Rise of the Tomb Raider, day one game While the Iron’s Hot, and World War Z: Aftermath through their subscription. All four games will be playable across the cloud, console, and PC, though Clone Drone in the Danger Zone will only be available to Game Pass subscribers that have upgraded to the Xbox Series X/S consoles despite having a native Xbox One release.
Xbox Game Pass December 2023 Games
- Spirit of the North (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 1
- SteamWorld Build (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 1
- Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Cloud/PC/Xbox Series X) – December 5
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 5
- While the Iron’s Hot (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 5
- World War Z: Aftermath (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 5
- Goat Simulator 3 (Cloud/PC/Xbox Series X) – December 7
- Against the Storm (PC) – December 8
- Tin Hearts (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 12
- Far Cry 6 (Cloud/Consoles/PC) – December 14
For those unfamiliar with the four games coming to Xbox Game Pass on December 5, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a so-called “slice ’em up” multiplayer game that has “Overwhelmingly Positive” reviews on Steam. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the second installment in the Tomb Raider reboot series, and it was once an Xbox timed exclusive. It similarly earned critical acclaim. While the Iron’s Hot is a new day one game where players take on the role of a blacksmith, and finally, World War Z: Aftermath is a co-op shooter game that has drawn comparisons to Valve’s Left 4 Dead.
This coming week has the potential to be huge for Xbox Game Pass for more reasons than just the four new games that are on the way. The Game Awards is taking place on Thursday, December 7, and Xbox has already teased that it has some big announcements to make at the event. One has to imagine that those announcements would be tied to Game Pass, so subscribers should definitely make it a point to tune in to the big show.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is the highest tier of Microsoft’s flagship game subscription service that offers over 100 game titles that you can play with a single purchase, making it one of the most outstanding value propositions of the Xbox ecosystem to date.